|WIN PRIZES! Submit either a funny ringtone file created with one of our TEXT-TO-SPEECH Ringtone Apps or a video showing how you use 100sounds! Win your choice of cases, earbuds, headphones and more!|
Email the file to us, or if it is too big, upload to http://public.me.com/toddbernhard and email us at info@NoTieSoftware.com to let us know what the filename is and where to send the prize! Prizes include cases from OtterBox or Speck, headphones and earbuds from ZAGG, each worth $30 to $80!
|Check out Todd Bernhard's blog on iPhone Life Magazine!|
Mr. Bernhard, our founder, is a contributing editor for both the print and online publication!
|Make a fashion statement with your own NO TIE T-shirt!|
Ties serve no real purpose. We value functionality over the superficial. Join us and wear the No Tie shirt with pride!
A great resource for assistive technology including software and hardware such as mounts, cases, pointing sticks for your iPad and more!
The FUN way to stay informed! Featuring the best in editorial cartoons, humor columns and fake news, the Humor Times mercilessly lampoons lame politicians at every opportunity! Shows up in your mailbox once a month. Visit HumorTimes.com and order a free sample or a (cheap) subscription!
NEWS & PRESS RELEASES (via prMac)
- Obama announces your calls via Ringtone Director Presidential Edition
- Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:30:00 CST - Lookout Siri! With the government shutdown, President Obama has been moonlighting as a voiceover announcer thanks to Ringtone Director Presidential Edition! Even George W. Bush has come out of retirement to join the fun! Users can create custom text-to-speech Talking Caller ID ringtones that say whatever the user types! The award-winning Ringtone Director app offers 50+ voices including Apple's classic Siri. Now Bush & Obama are available in the Presidential Edition!
- Ringtone Fails highlights abuse and misuse of ringtones
- Thu, 02 May 2013 08:00:00 CST - It happens to everyone but not always on live television! Junior announcer and former NBA great Shaquille O'neal left his cellphone on during a live TV broadcast and sure enough his annoying ringtone went off and took the whole show down with it. Shaq tossed his phone across the studio, where it landed with a thud and a crack, reminiscent of his bricklaying free throws when he played in the NBA. All of this could have been avoided through use of the Silent mode or a more professional ringtone.
- Six Million Ringtones Later, Ringtones Uncensored Users Get More Voices
- Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:30:00 CST - NoTie announces Ringtones Uncensored Pro 13.2. No Tie's Ringtones Uncensored app has been so popular, and fun, that it's no wonder users of the app have created over six million custom talking ringtones using the variety of Text-To-Speech voices in the app. Now, No Tie has added voices from India, Ireland, Scotland, and Australia, in addition to the voice of Apple's Siri. Users can create ringtones that are professional, for Talking Caller ID, or outrageous announcing anything they can imagine.
- Class Warfare is real, and now iOS users can play as the One Percent
- Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:30:00 CST - No Tie Software today announces Class Warfare 1.0 for iOS. Play as the One Percent and appease the dependents. Class Warfare is a combination First Person Shooter plus Whack-A-Mole, and Augmented Reality. As a One Percenter, users must respond to the angry mob of striking union workers, pregnant women, hungry citizens, and more. It's a parody of the so-called "Class Warfare" that pits the One Percent against the working class.
- Siri Says Anything You Type with Ringtone Director Pro
- Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:47:00 CST - No Tie's AutoRingtone users have created over 5,000,000 custom Text-To-Speech talking ringtones since November 2009. Their latest AutoRingtone-based app, RINGTONE DIRECTOR PRO, is a fun, creative way to create unlimited Caller ID ringtones that say exactly what you want. Users can select from 50+ voices and now, they can even use the voice of Siri to create talking ringtones!
- AutoRingtone Pro wins About.com 2012 Award for Best Ringtone App
- Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:00:00 CST - No Tie's Ringtones AutoRingtone Pro wins About.com 2012 Readers' Choice Award for Best Ringtone App. To celebrate, users will be getting a South African Woman voice for free to create unlimited custom talking Caller ID ringtones. This is in addition to the recently added Australian Man and Woman voices and brings the total to 44 funny and professional voices that users can use to make ringtones.
- Ringtones Uncensored, AutoRingtone named 2 of Top 3 Best Ringtone Apps
- Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:30:00 CST - No Tie's Ringtones Uncensored and AutoRingtone apps were named two of the Top Three Best Ringtone Apps by 148apps' BestAppEver.com contest. Users voted for their favorite apps, and when the results were in, No Tie's apps were an unprecedented five of the ten finalists. Notably, Ringtones Uncensored was the #2 vote getter and AutoRingtone was #3. Additional apps from No Tie that made the Top Ten in that category included Ringtone Director and RINGTON.ES.
- AutoVerbal Pro Talking Soundboard for Non-Verbal Users Wins Award at CES
- Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:00:00 CST - AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard takes home the prestigious Sterling Award in Relationship/Family Caregiving Category. Winners were announced at 4th Annual Silvers Summit, sponsored by AARP, at the 2012 International CES. The awards represent best in class products and technologies for Americans Age 50+. The bestselling app, for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices, allows people who are non-verbal, due to stroke, surgery or other conditions, to communicate using hundreds of photo buttons.
- HINY is a free Siri-ish app that tells you NYC MTA Service Status
- Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:00:00 CST - If you like Siri, and live in or travel to New York City, you will love HINY. HINY is a free app that literally tells you the MTA Service Status for Subways, Busses, Rail and Bridges. HINY is a free service of NoTie.NET and is their entry in the MTA AppQuest Challenge. HINY is voiceover friendly, making it great for the visually impaired. HINY is also great for commuters with their eyes on the road or more important things.
- RINGTON.ES is the first, last and only name you need for iOS Ringtones
- Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:00:00 CST - RINGTON.ES 1.0 is the coolest ringtone app and service! Finally, custom ringtones that literally tell you which contact is calling so you never have to guess who's calling or whose phone is ringing. Have the most unique & useful ringtones on the block, in the office, or at school. It's fun to create ringtones and even more fun when your phone rings. Now the AutoRingtone family of apps are even more useful as iOS 5 lets you use custom ringtones for email and text alerts.
- RINGTONE DIRECTOR - Because even your ringtones deserve a Director's Cut
- Tue, 03 May 2011 08:30:00 CST - No Tie Software's AutoRingtone users have created over 3,000,000 custom Text-To-Speech talking ringtones since November 2009. Now there's RINGTONE DIRECTOR, a fun, creative way to create unlimited Caller ID ringtones that say exactly what you want. As 'Writer/Director', the user can touch a typewriter to write a completely custom script that the voice talent will speak, using Text-To-Speech. Users can create unlimited ringtones and messages are completely uncensored.
- AutoCrush VS now Free - I am crushing your head with head-to-head action
- Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:00:00 CST - Kids of all ages love to play "I'm crushing your head" thanks to the hilarious Kids in the Hall skit. Now you can let your iOS device do the crushing and play head-to-head battles over Bluetooth! Rest your fingers and select animated Crushing, Pinching or Squeezing! Let the app do the taunting using funny audio clips. An elegant scoreboard keeps track of the action and the first to reach 20 points wins.
- The missing iPhone feature Apple didn't mention - hint: CallerID
- Thu, 02 Sep 2010 03:25:00 CST - No Tie's AutoRingtone app and service empowers users to create custom Talking Ringtones using Text-To-Speech. Now fans of Fulton Read's music can combine their favorite songs with the new free Fultones app. Instead of relying on stock ringtones, users can create their own talking "Caller ID" ringtones. Fans of Fulton Read can combine several music clips with the AutoRingtone TTS service to create custom ringtones.
- AutoCrush: Automated I Am Crushing Your Head - Hands-Free Fun
- Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:00:00 CST - Who doesn't like to play "I'm crushing your head!". Nobody, that's who! Let AutoCrush 1.0 for iPhone automate the crushing or pinching and give your fingers a rest. Inspired by the hilarious "The Kids in the Hall" routines, AutoCrush goes above and beyond by offering Crushing and Pinching, and in the next free update, Squeezing. The update will allow iPod touch and iPad users to pinch/crush/squeeze using an included image instead of using the camera view.
- SkinCam for iPhone makes taking photos fun and easy
- Wed, 04 Aug 2010 04:25:00 CST - No Tie Software today announces SkinCam 1.0 for iOS devices. SkinCam is a fun way to take photos using an iPhone. Instead of a plain preview, users are treated to an assortment of skins such as a Digital Camera, Coin-Op machine, 3D glasses, hands "framing the shot", peepholes, nightvision, rifle scope, telescope, binoculars, and many more. Unlike the built-in camera app, users can touch anywhere in the Preview area to take the picture, making it easier to take shots, especially self portraits.
- The iPhone finally tells you who is calling with Ringtones Uncensored
- Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:10:00 CST - No Tie Software today announces 9,999 Ringtones Uncensored Pro 6.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Users no longer need to remember which song corresponds to which contact. Every caller can be assigned a unique Talking CallerID ringtone using Ringtones Uncensored. Users can select from dozens of speaking voices, including British Man, Woman, Valley Girl, Jersey Girl, Old Man, as well as funny voices like Devil, Space Alien, Synthesizer and Whisper.
- AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard for Non Verbal Users and Kids with Autism
- Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:15:00 CST - No Tie Software today announces AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard 1.0 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. AutoVerbal allows kids with Autism and people who are non-verbal to communicate using hundreds of picture buttons including buttons to speak your preprogrammed messages, plus type anything and it will be spoken using Text-To-Speech. Touch hundreds of picture buttons in over a dozen categories, scrolling down and across using an elegant, responsive soundboard.
- Apple loses One Million as users create 1,000,000 AutoRingtone ringtones
- Mon, 24 May 2010 06:44:00 CST - No Tie Software's AutoRingtone service has created over One Million custom Text-To-Speech talking ringtones since November 2009. The AutoRingtone service enables users to create their own talking Caller ID ringtones, that say exactly what they want. Users can select from Dozens of professional and funny voices. They can use nearly 200 sound effects as an introduction to get a user's attention. Ringtones are downloadable in Both .m4r as well as .aiff format.
- AutoTTS for iPad adds to 600,000 Text-To-Speech Ringtones created so far
- Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:00:00 CST - AutoTTS HD for iPad builds on the successful AutoRingtone app and service that No Tie Software has provided since November. In the five months since release, AutoRingtone users have created over 600,000 custom ringtones. The iPad version leverages the large screen and keyboard of the iPad. While the functionality is similar to the iPhone version, users can simply touch the photo of the speaker they wish to use, making the app even more fun to use.
- Half-a-Million Ringtones created by AutoRingtone users
- Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:00:00 CST - No Tie Software today announced that an amazing 500,000+ custom and uncensored ringtones have been created by users of the AutoRingtone family of Text-To-Speech apps since launch less than five months ago. 9,999 Ringtones Uncensored PRO and AutoRingtone PRO give users the ultimate flexibility in creating their own unique ringtones for the iPhone, as well as other non-Apple phones.
- AutoRingtone TEXT-TO-SPEECH Ringtones because musical tones are so 2009
- Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:30:00 CST - No Tie Software today is proud to introduce 9,999 Ringtones Uncensored and AutoRingtone TEXT-TO-SPEECH, both for iPhone and iPod touch devices. AutoRingtone and Ringtones Uncensored give users exactly what they want in a ringtone, using text-to-speech in 20+ voices, with 100+ introductory sound effects. Now you can have each caller's name, title, and a personal message spoken out loud. No more guessing who is calling or whose phone is ringing.